Seagull is a mature OOP framework for building web, command line and GUI applications. Licensed under BSD, the project allows PHP developers to easily integrate and manage code resources, and build complex applications quickly.
Many popular PHP applications are already seamlessly integrated within the project, as are various templating engines, testing tools and managed library code. If you’re a beginner, the framework provides a number of sample applications that can be customised and extended to suit your needs. If you’re an intermediate or advanced developer, take advantage of Seagull’s best practices , standards and modular codebase to build your applications in record time.
Once your development cycle is complete, use Seagull’s features for deploying and maintaining your apps locally and remotely. Check out the friendly and active Seagull community and see if Seagull’s a good fit for you.
* PHP 4/5 compatible
* compact core framework with basic CMS and other modules included to get you started
* ease of use: learning curve not as steep as other frameworks
* enterprise ready, performance conscious design
* tight integration with PEAR libraries, great for prototyping complex projects
* integrated ORM for RAD
* highly configurable, easy to integrate with 3rd party code
* community support: the project enjoys participation from a large and active developer community, want the documentation in Chinese, looking for Seagull devs near you?
* loosely coupled components, use template engine of your choice, output to multiple devices or CLI
* staying power: started in 2001, the Seagull project has been steadily growing in popularity and now enjoys international recognition
If you want to know more about the Seagull Framework please visit http://seagullproject.org/