It is an open source content management system (CMS) for publishing content on the World Wide Web and intranets.It was designed for ease of use, for users with a minimum of technical skills. It enables users to edit site content directly from the page.It provides version management for every page, similar to wiki software, another type of web site development software. concrete5 allows users to edit images through an embedded editor on the page.
Many CMS’s were designed by developers, for developers. Building and maintaining a site with them can be pretty complex and intimidating for someone who can’t program computers. The end editing experience works, but to make even basic content changes you’re typically working with long web forms in a “back-end.” Adding new functionality is something you’ll need some technical know-how to pull off. Imagine having to call a consultant every time you wanted to write a new Word document. How useful is that to your business?
Conversely, there’s a number of solutions that are geared for the DIY market. Typically starting as a blog, these sites get added to and added to over time until they fall apart. Imagine being told your document was always going to have a cover page, a table of contents, and an index – no matter how simple you wanted it to be. Sure it’s great you can get started quickly, but if you want to do much more than what these systems were designed for like using a hammer to drive screws.
With concrete5, you get the best of both worlds. Anyone can start making their own website in seconds, and the editing experience is easy; just click on what you want to change. Developers still get a flexible and robust framework for building sophisticated web applications. With concrete5, however, site owners will be able to make changes and additions on their own, for years to come.
concrete5 using for ,
- Online magazines and newspapers.
- eCommerce sites.
- Extranets and Intranets.
- Government web sites.
- Small business web sites.
- Non-profit and organization web sites.
- Community-based portals.
- Church, club and team web sites.
- Personal or family homepages.
- Marketing focused sites for a corporation.
- Any school, college or university web site.
- Many online communities.
- Anything else you can dream up!
Here is the features of concrete5 ,
- WYSIWYG text editor
- In-context editing toolbar – change your website as you surf!
- Automatic navigations – add a page anywhere and it’s updated everywhere
- Preview your changes before publishing
- Track versions, and compare differences between them
- File manager with bulk upload and image manipulation using Picnik (Picnik integration in v5.3)
- Detailed permissions – create editor groups, approve content, and see an audit trail
- Drag-n-Drop content around your pages.
- Scrapbook lets you copy content and functionality from one part of your site to another
- Integrated spellchecker
- Flexible meta data & vanity URLs for Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Easy Google Analytics integration
- Integrated help system with commercial support options (v5.3)
- Automatic add-on & theme installation (v5.3)
- An open marketplace of add-ons
- Content scheduling – write something now, and have it go live automatically later
- Out of the box includes a photo slide show, You Tube integration, guestbook, Flash support, polls, surveys, search, RSS, secure file distribution, Google Maps, and a form generation tool
For more details visit http://www.concrete5.org/ and download it.