The PHP Framework “Akelos” is a web application development platform based on the MVC (Model View Controller) design pattern.
Akelos based applications can run on most shared hosting service providers since Akelos only requires that PHP be available at the server. This means that the Akelos PHP Framework is the ideal candidate for distributing standalone web applications as it does not require any non-standard PHP configuration to run.
Based on good practices, it allows you to:
* Write views using Ajax easily
* Control requests and responses through a controller
* Manage internationalized applications
* Communicate models and the database using simple conventions.
* Web developers writing database applications using PHP.
* PHP developers who want a more enjoyable experience writing applications.
* Ruby developers that need to code in PHP and want an easier and more enjoyable way to do so.
* Companies and developers looking to sell or distribute their applications without requiring special deployment configurations.
* Developers looking to develop multilingual applications for localized markets.
* Development teams that require a method with a few simple conventions to ensure that team members will understand the work done by their peers.
Being a Ruby on Rails port to PHP, Akelos is also designed to make developers lives simpler by resolving complex problems with unusual speed and productivity.
Favoring “convention over configuration” leads to the creation of uniform and simpler-to-understand code.
If you want to know more about the Akelos PHP Framework please visit http://www.akelos.org/