Zend Framework extending the art & spirit of PHP, It is based on simplicity, object-oriented best practices, corporate friendly licensing, and a rigorously tested agile codebase. Zend Framework is focused on building more secure, reliable, and modern Web 2.0 applications & web services, and consuming widely available APIs from leading vendors like Google, Amazon, Yahoo!, Flickr, as well as API providers and cataloguers like StrikeIron and ProgrammableWeb.
Zend Framework designed with simplicity in mind. To provide a lightweight, loosely-coupled component library simplified to provide 4/5s of the functionality everyone needs and that lets you customize the other 20% to meet your specific business needs. By focusing on the most commonly needed functionality, we retain the simplified spirit of PHP programming, dramatically lower the learning curve, and your training costs – so developers get up-to-speed quickly.
* Extensible and well-tested code base
* Flexible architecture
* No configuration files
necessary to get going
Frameworks and best practices mean reduced training costs and quicker time-to-market – important factors in adoption decisions. Built so you can pick and choose just the pieces you need to turbocharge your web applications – all your developers know where to find their PHP / Zend Framework code, speeding new development and reducing maintenance costs.
* AJAX support through JSON – meet the ease-of-use requirements your users have come to expect
* Search – a native PHP edition of the industry-standard Lucene search engine
* Syndication – the data formats & easy access to them your Web 2.0 applications need
* Web Services – Zend Framework aims to be the premier place to consume & publish web services
* High-quality, object-oriented PHP 5 class library – attention to best practices like design patterns, unit testing, & loose coupling
If you want to know more about the Zend Framework please visit http://framework.zend.com